Voters’ Choice Party 2020 Trustee Candidates
You Came Here For the Schools;
VCP Wants You To Stay!
The Scarsdale Voters’ Choice Party (VCP) Trustee Candidates are from a broad range of professional and thought perspectives. We love living in Scarsdale and have a strong, unwavering commitment to our schools. We want to establish an inclusive decision-making process at Village Hall with all residents which is quality of life, data- and fact-driven. Scarsdale is a wonderful Village in the Park; we should all be its stewards for current and future generations.
We believe in:
- ensuring that the Village does not commit to Freightway Redevelopment or other municipal projects without undertaking thorough due diligence to achieve positive long-term fiscal implications for our tax base and our schools,
- having a political process that is transparent, responsive to residents’ needs, accountable to taxpayers, and is a far more congenial and open process where residents feel comfortable and welcomed,
- maintaining a prudent eye on Scarsdale’s fiscal sustainability and having tax levels no higher than they are today in order to enhance property values and to enable young and empty-nester residents to stay in Scarsdale,
- preserving Scarsdale’s current level of single- and multiple-family dwellings so that our schools, roads, and commuter trains do not get more crowded,
- establishing a more vibrant downtown that serves residents and merchants’ needs,
- utilizing Scarsdale residents’ vast pool of talents in an inclusive manner at Village Hall decision making processes to solve municipal issues,
- maintaining a high standard of Village services and supporting our Village personnel, and
- continuing to be in the vanguard of environmental and sustainability projects.
The League of Women Voters’ sponsored debate on Thursday, March 5th at Village Hall, 7:30pm
The VCP Freightway and Scarsdale Sustainability Town Hall, Thursday, March 12th at Village Hall, 7:30pm
Scarsdale Trustee Election, March 18, Congregational Church, 1 Heathcote Road If you are not registered to vote, the deadline is March 6th. For voter registration forms, please visit the Westchester County Board of Elections website. If you will be absent from Scarsdale on election date, please contact Ms. Donna Conkling, Village Clerk, to request your absentee ballot. The deadline to request a ballot by email is March 10th and in person at Village Hall is March 16th.