Voters’ Choice Party 2020 Trustee Candidates
You Came Here For the Schools;
VCP Wants You To Stay!
The Scarsdale Voters’ Choice Party (VCP) Trustee Candidates are from a broad range of professional and thought perspectives. We love living in Scarsdale and have a strong, unwavering commitment to our schools. We want to establish an inclusive decision-making process at Village Hall with all residents which is quality of life, data- and fact-driven. Scarsdale is a wonderful Village in the Park; we should all be its stewards for current and future generations.
We believe in:
- ensuring that the Village does not commit to Freightway Redevelopment or other municipal projects without undertaking thorough due diligence to achieve positive long-term fiscal implications for our tax base and our schools,
- having a political process that is transparent, responsive to residents’ needs, accountable to taxpayers, and is a far more congenial and open process where residents feel comfortable and welcomed,
- maintaining a prudent eye on Scarsdale’s fiscal sustainability and having tax levels no higher than they are today in order to enhance property values and to enable young and empty-nester residents to stay in Scarsdale,
- preserving Scarsdale’s current level of single- and multiple-family dwellings so that our schools, roads, and commuter trains do not get more crowded,
- establishing a more vibrant downtown that serves residents and merchants’ needs,
- utilizing Scarsdale residents’ vast pool of talents in an inclusive manner at Village Hall decision making processes to solve municipal issues,
- maintaining a high standard of Village services and supporting our Village personnel, and
- continuing to be in the vanguard of environmental and sustainability projects.
You may vote absentee for the September 15th Village Trustee election until Monday, September 14th, 5pm.
- Download this Absentee Ballot Request Form, fill it out and sign it.
- You must take the form to Village Hall at 1001 Post Road, where you will be given your ballot. You may vote right there and then.
You may also vote on Election Day, September 15th at the Scarsdale Congregational Church at 1 Heathcote Road, 6am – 9pm.